If you are looking for ways to improve your golf performance, how about considering golf GSP systems? Taking a quick look at golf GPS reviews and you will be amazed at what people say about the benefit of these devices. There are many golfers who cannot seem to enjoy their games without their help because their added value to the games is just too big to ignore. The handy guide below will provide you with the basic information you need to know about golf GPS devices.
1. What Are Golf GPS Devices?
These days, GPS devices are very popular with golfers. GPS stands for Global Positioning System – such system use exchanges of satellite data to provide location information, thus helping golfers calculate the distance accurately. There is also other features or information provided that will be mentioned in later parts of the article. Simply speaking, GPS devices take out lots of guesswork or manual measurement; they are especially useful when golfers play on unfamiliar courses.
Golf GPS devices are lightweight and can be brought along easily to the course.
2. What Are the Benefits of Golf GPS Devices?
Golf GPS is used to help golfers have memorable games with significantly reduced scores. Here are what you can gain from using these devices:
- They help you measure accurate distances, which can be a make-or-break factor in a game. Even experienced golfers can miscalculate a couple of yards, so why not use the help of GPS devices? That way, you can reduce the number of your shots and your handicap as well as speed up your game.
- They provide you with many other statistics to analyze your rounds. Different golfers require different information for their games. Certain devices even give you good recommendations on which club to use.
- With better performance, your game will become more enjoyable; plus you get a good boost of confidence.
- With the best golf GPS, you can sync and create a database of courses not just for yourself but golfers in the world as well.
Take note that these devices are designed for quick and easy reading even in dark conditions.
Of course, they are not perfect. They can be quite expensive (up to $250 or more), adding to the cost of the golf set. At least, you should expect to pay $100 – $150. Certain models require a subscription fee (on a monthly, annual or per-course basis). GPS devices are designed for the accurate reading but how accurate they can be depending on the manufacturer. That being said, they are still considered good addition for golfers.
3. What Are the Main Types of Golf GPS Devices?
Choosing the suitable golf GPS device is not easy due to the availability of many devices on the market. Basically, there are two main types: Handheld GPS Rangefinders and Golf GPS watch. In additions, you can also install GPS apps for your iPhone / Android devices.
Let’s have a quick look at the pros and cons of each type:
Golf GPS Watch:
They are bigger than traditional watches and are not really suitable for daily use. They, of course, are especially useful on golf courses.
- These lightweight devices are worn on the wrist, making them very convenient to use;
- They are still equipped with standard watch features like showing time and setting alarm;
- They allow access to the database of golf courses
- They provide you with many various necessary statistics to help you improve your performance;
- They have small screen so reading small data can be a little bit of an issue;
- They can be costly
Golf GPS Handheld:
They look somewhat like smartphones, actually
- They have compact sizes so they can fit in the pocket easily.
- They are designed to be waterproof and dustproof.
- The screen is adequately big and clear for easy reading.
- Certain models provide basic phone functions (text and message, internet access).
- They need to be taken out of the pocket when golfers need information.
- They are not suitable for use outside the golf course.