One thing that contributes so much to the failure of many to make solid profits from the Forex markets is not knowing what steps to take when making trading decisions.
1. Learn how to make diagrams. If you really want to have a long career in Forex trading, you need to learn how to chart on all time frames. The types of charts to build are determined by your trading system and strategy. It can often be wise to build and save your charts as templates so you can always use them whenever you want. Charts are often easier to build on the Meta Trader4 (MT4) trading platform.
2. Understand the Terms and Conditions: These are the terms and conditions that you need to notice before committing to a deal. This is one of the areas that confuses many traders. It also requires patience. A trader needs to wait for the conditions to be created before starting a trade.
3. Know your entry points: These are price levels that offer high entry probability with low risks. Certain trading tools can be of great help in identifying these levels.
4. Please ignore any trading system that encourages you to trade without a stop loss. A decent system should guide you to the best levels to place smart stop loss orders with a higher probability of winning the trade. You can also use a trailing stop to protect your trading profit. Trailing stops help you adjust your stop loss when the price moves in your favor.
5. Know your take profit: You should have a predetermined target for each trade. Once your trading system generates a trading signal, it should be able to give you potential targets or, better yet, potential trades. Guessing can be very dangerous for any trader. You need to do a thorough analysis before agreeing to a high-probability trade. If the trading system cannot show you the possible profit you can make, ignore the trade. You are only taking a calculated risk. The following tools can be of great help in identifying them: Pivots, Trendlines and Fibonacci Retracements and Extensions.